DREAM BIG ON HEALTHCARE
Cancer knows no bounds - rich, poor, race, gender, color, or creed. It affects all of us.
According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 44 Arkansans were diagnosed with cancer everyday in 2018. However, hope still resides at the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute where thousands of Arkansans receive treatment each year. That is why this caucus is working to secure a NCI-designation at UAMS to become a National Cancer Institute Cancer Center!
The National Cancer Institute Designation would accomplish the following:
- Give the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Center access to more federal grants
- Projected to create 1,584 jobs in the healthcare field over the course of 5 years
- Provide research opportunities for students in every college of health at UAMS
- Provide greater access to services throughout Arkansas
- Improve access to clinical trials for potential lifesaving procedures across the state.